Friday, April 27, 2007

Huntington Garden Tea Party

Before Ben and Jackie's wedding Saturday, Tyra and I went with Wendy and little cousin Samantha to the Huntington (library/garden). There we met up with my mom and Aunts Trisha and Catherine. And just in time, Anne met us for lunch. We had a grown-up tea party with mini fancy sandwiches and small scones and fruit, cheese, caviar, etc. Then for Tyra's favorite part: walking through all the amazing gardens. She has a great eye for color and texture and minute details in individual plants. As she skipped ahead of us older girls I could feel the happiness inside of her and took the chance to tell her how I too feel that happiness from the Spirit when I'm enjoying the beautiful things that God created for us. She agreed and seem to know exactly what I meant. I didn't get a lot of great pictures since we had so little time, I wanted Tyra to just enjoy herself rather than keep posing for me. I'm so glad Mom set this up for us all to do!

2 comments:

holly said...

What a nice way to spend a day! Or part of one. I know what you mean about just letting the moment be enjoyed rather than snapping pictures to capture it. I love strolling through gardens...

Angela Draper said...

What a beautiful garden! Thanks for sharing your day with us.