Saturday, May 09, 2009

Lily and the Ball

My wife and daughter had an interesting conversation before we went to the Armed Forces Gala this evening.

Lily: Are you and dad going on a date?
Susan: Yes. We are going to a ball.
Lily: What!?! You're going to a ball! I want to go to a ball!
Susan: You can't. Balls are for adults.
Lily: That's not true. Balls are for children!
Susan: No. Balls are for adults.
Lily: What about Cinderella? She was a kid.
Susan: No she wasn't. Remember, she got married at the end.
Lily: [Impatiently] Mom! It's a fairy tale. Remember?

7 comments:

LisAway said...

What a cutie that Lily is. There is something very magical sounding about a Ball. :) You guys look great. Hope you had fun! (and thanks so much for this regular posting, Tom! I'm loving it.)

LisAway said...

Please tell Lil that when Aaron saw her picture he said, "Oooh! HI!!" and started waving at her. I told him that's it's his cousin Lily and he said, "Loo-lee!"

Karen E. said...

Cute story, and very cute pictures! I love your hair Susan!

holly b said...

I love these conversations. And I think BOTH of your hairstyles are stylin! Tom, you're really sporting that Professor look... : )

Angela Draper said...

Su you look so good! Love the story and also the sweet pic of Lily. Hope you had a great time!

The Gerharts said...

Sue -- you look great! I love your dress and hair. I can tell you've been running =) The ball sounds so romantic. I don't blame Lily for wanting to go!

Anne said...

Handsome couple! If Lil doesn't get to go to a ball at either wedding, maybe we'll have to throw her one at the jones house! Cute pic of Lily too! Is that in your backyard?