Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Higher Education

I recently interviewed someone for a job at my work and I was telling Thomas about it on the way to cub scouts:

Dad: So after spending time working in government and academia...
Thomas: (interrupting) What's academia?
Dad: Well, you know how Grandpa Tom and Uncle Brian work at universities...
Thomas: Do you mean the nuts?
Dad: (laughing) I think they might take offense to that.
Thomas: No, academia nuts. You know, the nuts no one ever wants.
Dad: (really laughing) You mean Macademia nuts! But I'm sure there would be many who would agree with your candid assessment of higher education.

4 comments:

Karen E. said...

I guess I can live with being an academia nut. Thanks for the laugh Thomas!

twd said...

Children* shall be given words of wisdom and babes** shall prophesy.

*Thomas
**Your Mom

Janine said...

At least not everyone dislikes acadamia nuts... I think they are quite tasty!

gramalee said...

Another item completely reformulated in my database forever! Love that boy! Thanks dad!