Sunday, December 02, 2007

Tyra crochets a scarf during our Endless Autumn

I can't remember the last time the autumn leaves stayed on the trees for this long! It has been beautiful, first when we drove up to Princeton the end of October, and again when we drove down to Charlottesville in November. I love autumn! One of the neat things about the last few weeks has been watching Tyra's scarf get longer and longer. She just started doing it herself. She patiently undid many many rows at the beginning that somehow seemed to get skinnier and skinnier (I remember having the same trouble with some of my own early crocheting.) I was so proud of her continual effort even when things got tricky (like Beth trying to "help", losing her hook, etc.) Tom and I both kept saying how excited we were to finally get to wear "my scarf", but Tyra proclaimed the scarf for everyone, and that we could take turns. I decided Tyra would be the best one to model it for you, but I can testify, it really keeps your neck cozy!

8 comments:

Linda said...

What a beautiful and multi-talented young woman our Tyra is becoming.....

LisAway said...

Both Evie and David dropped their jaws when I told them that Tyra had made that scarf. So did I! We really love and miss that amazing Tyra! And I LOVE the laying in the leaves shot. That belongs in an ad for something.

gramalee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gramalee said...

It is beautiful! I love the color! If you will teach me to crochet I will teach you to knit and we will debate the pros and cons of each! :) I can't wait to see you! xogramalee

Angela Draper said...

Tyra that scarf is beautiful! You are so amazing! That is something I've never learned to do so I am doubly impressed. Plus the photos are great!

Brian said...

I'm the saddest UncaB ever! Who told her she could get so dang big? Beatuiful scarf, beautiful Tyra. I'm glad that Tyra is still little... for now.

Brian said...

I meant Cora. I'm glad that Cora is still little for now!

Anonymous said...

Tyra - your scarf is beautiful. Really good job! I plan on taking a crochet class early this year, so maybe we can compare stitches the next time we see each other! Love ya! =:] mg