Sunday, February 17, 2008

Tyra's [first] Winter Concert




Tyra had her first concert in January. She started playing the flute in the middle of September. Most schools in our area don't start playing instruments until 5th grade, but ours is a music and technology magnet so the kids get to start a year earlier. It's always so amazing to me to see my kids learning new things, especially when I'm not the one teaching them. It feels like magic! I have absolutely loved listening to Tyra practice while I'm making dinner.

6 comments:

Brian said...

My Tyra is SOOOOOOOOO awesome! Just what I wanted for Christmas: another musical talent in the family. We're going to have a jam session the next time we get together. Woo Hoo. Watch out Jethro Tull. Step aside Marshall Tucker. Brian and Tyra are on the scene!!!

Robert said...

Man, I can't believe that Tyra is getting soooooooooo OLD! Keep it up Tyra so you and uncle B can rock out together. I don't think there are too many flute/guitar combos out there...

holly said...

Way to go Tyra! The flute was my instrument of choice in 5th grade. We moved a year later though and I never stuck with it.

Keep it up! I love James Galway on the flute. Try him out for inspiration... : )

Anonymous said...

Tyra, that is so great that you are enjoying learning to play the flute. I especially loved the one of you playing by yourself. Maybe we can play a duet sometime.

Love, Grandma Linda

Anne said...

Tyra, you're my inspiration! You know, I've always wanted to learn to play the flute! You make it look so easy! maybe one day I'll try!

Angela Draper said...

Ooops! I never left a comment. Tyra you are so good at playing the flute! I played the flute in elementary school also. It's funny the one song I remember us playing is Tequila. At the recital all of us would put our instruments down at the appropriate time and yell "Tequila!" Somehow I doubt you'll be playing that song :) Keep up the good work!