Saturday, February 09, 2008

Lisa Lee Pawlik comes with kids




My sister Lisa (younger by 4 years) came to America for the last half of January. We got to see them as they arrived then again as they left (they went to Utah and California in between.) The most exciting part was getting to see our new nephew and cousin, Aaron Levi. He was so sweet with us all! He reminded me of my Grandpa often when he would do a little half-smile like he was sort of indulging me in my antics trying to get him to smile and laugh. He's like a wise little man. I loved that he would actually come to me and snuggle into my shoulder. The kids loved him too, especially Elizabeth.
Grandma Lee had taught Tyra to knit and then taught Evie when she was out in Utah, so the cousins thought they were quite stylin' in their matching knit shrugs. Lily and Beth were delighted to have David and Evie to themselves when TnT went to school, and they followed them around all day long.
As for seeing Lisa again, well, it's always bitter-sweet, since I end up spending too many thoughts on the "what if..." imagining her living nearby. I am so jealous of people who live close to family. Ever since our first gathering as sisters with kids I've dreamed of living on the same block as Anne and Lisa. Sure, we would probably bug each other and end up hurting each others' feelings, but we'd also laugh together, play together, talk endlessly, and help and support each other. Good thing for the phone, as it is.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Brian said...

That's one happy-looking Bethanator.

Karen E. said...

How fun! I'm glad you got to spend some time with Lisa and your cute niece and nephew!

Karen E. said...

I mean nephews!

Marbell Payne said...

Hi Su, I totally hear you with the family thing. Lisa looks just like your mom...of course younger but wow...she looks great and hasn't aged a bit...what is it with you Lee girls that you don't age??? Give me your secrets. Hope you are well!

LisAway said...

We'd end up hurting each other's feelings? What is THAT supposed to mean? I know I wouldn't. I'm a little upset that you wrote that. :) We had SUCH a blast with you guys (as always!) Marbell is way too nice. I can't believe how old and bedraggled (and fatter than I'd like) I look in that picture. Actually, I'm a little upset that you included it in your post, Susan. You've really hurt my feelings...

holly said...

fun times! love the matchy matchy girl cousins. too cute.

it is nice to be close to family, but there is one trade off of having people come to you. My sister who has always lived near or with my parents never has "exclusive" visits, there are always phone calls and things that come up. Whereas when they visit us, they are only at our house and it is a novelty to have them "all to ourselves". I didn't explain that very well, but hopefully you get the gist of it!

thank goodness for unlimited long distance for all those sisterly chats!