Thursday, January 24, 2008

Draper Family Fun


This is about the cutest face I've ever seen on one of my kids crafts! Grandma Linda spent hours with my craft-loving girls making these gingerbread men and more. They sure are lucky to have such a great grandma! (Uh, that's wonderful grandma, not great-grandma!!)
So Uncle Mikey came on New Years Eve, and my Mom went home on New Years morning. Uncle Mikey continues to be a favorite with the kids. He ended up babysitting a bunch as I ran this and that errand, and never had the slightest problem. The kids just love him. He sat in the back of the minivan the entire drive down to NC to see Janine and Brian's baby Cora be blessed. He's the mellowest, nicest guy! This picture is in NC when Lily didn't want to fall asleep in her bed so Mikey let her come give him a hug and sit by him and she fell asleep on him like that.
Cora the beautiful sweet baby had a great blessing day. She didn't cry at all during Brian's prayer, and she looked so cute in her hand-crocheted dress.
Grandma Linda bought the girls some very fancy dresses for the occasion so we tried a family photo, though most of the kids weren't in the mood.
And the star of the show, CORA. Here seen on the plasma car with Janine. I was so happy to finally get to know the little person behind all the cooing I've heard on the phone. She refused to look at me most of the time, but was happy to let me hold her, so I held her out and kissed her sweet bald head. My favorite moments with her was when I got to change her diaper and when I was done she finally looked at me and started talking and talking. She has a very advanced vocabulary for a 2 1/2 month old! All sorts of vowels and consonants in there!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

twd said...

Thanks Susan,
I always enjoy your pictures and comments. It was great to see you all.
Dadt

holly said...

Those are some fancy dresses for the girls! I like how TnT even coordinate. :) And the family picture where the kids "weren't in the mood" had me laughing, especially your pointing at the the camera for Lily.... hee hee. I'm glad you have family closer by now. And a cute little baby to coo at, all the better!

Robert said...

Wow Su! We've been checking your blog for weeks and are glad to see your mega-blog entry of the last month! It sounds like you've all been busy and we wish could have been around to party with you guys. Next year, I guess...

Karen E. said...

Cute pictures! I'm sure I'm not the first to notice this, but Lily sure does look like her mom! Especially the picture on Brian and Janine's blog where she's winking . . .

Janine said...

The dam breaks!!!! I was wondering when you would resurface in blogsville! I enjoyed your plethora of entries, especially the family picture. We have a couple where everyone looks equally enthusiastic. Oh, and your new niece is REALLY ADORABLE!