Thursday, January 24, 2008

Procrastinite, and my stylin' girls

Ok, this is just SUCH a good example of why I don't know how people can stand me :) My loving thoughtful mother sent me a little baby sun outfit that I had worn as a baby (at the time I believe it was "27 years ago." complete with matching little sandals for me to put on my new little baby, Tyra. Well, it WAS a little fragile feeling, but I have no real excuse for never putting it on her even once! Then I was off the hook with Thomas, obviously, as it has flowers and lace. But then came Lily. And then came Beth. It has been on my bedroom desk in various and changing piles over the years, and THIS is when I decide, Beth is IT. It's now or NEVER. She's already a good 18 months past the proper age, but she still FITS, and she was willing to put it on like a dress-up outfit. Who knows how cute it would've been on my girls all those hot. humid summers past, how tender and nostalgic the emotions I would've felt looking at them....
But honestly, I'm mostly just happy I actually got it on my child and got a picture :)

As for Lily's picture, she was so happy in this outfit. She loves to wear summer clothes all winter and I say "Brr, you're freezing me out!" and she wanted me to take a picture after I did Beth to show how she was keeping me warm by wearing her tights. It IS a pretty great outfit, isn't it? It's so fun to see her choose clothes with purpose ("Look mom, red pants and pink shirt because pink is red with white in it!") and every outfit has some reason (though just from looking you could NEVER figure out the rhyme nor reason!)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

holly said...

Oh, that is a cute story. And a so cute "27 years ago" outfit. Funny how little we wore in the carefree summers back in the day, eh?

I love Lily's compilation and her red/pink rational. Evalyn insist that anything with a tinge of red or pink is pink. Even a red shirt she'll try to say is pink. Lately though she has worn the SAME purple dress for going on 2 months now everyday and night. It is her new security object. While it makes for slightly less laundry, it starts to make me worry after awhile....