Thursday, January 24, 2008

GrammaLee Comes to Visit

I picked up my mom from BWI at 11pm Christmas night. So she missed the traditional stuff, but she'd been with Anne and Matt in her home, so she already got some of that. It was a bit of a second Christmas the next morning when the kids woke up and did presents with Grandma. Then Grandma hardly had time for her planned activities with the kids of playing paperdolls (now in vinyl) with the girls, playing chess with Thomas, and teaching Tyra how to knit. She and Tyra both did a lot of knitting, and you can see the cute shrug they made for Tyra. But she spent a bunch of her time with me helping me buy curtains and pillows and a torchiere for the livingroom to help make it feel a little more homey and put together. I am SO glad I said that little "I would love to have you decorate for me." She has always had such a good knack for decorating, and I just freeze up at the idea of making a "final" decision like the color and style of curtains! She really should have beaned me for giving her grief with every suggestion she made, right after asking for her help. I DID notice where my ever debating children must get it from, arg!

Besides all the knitting and decorating, we also did the drive-through Festival of Lights, went to the lights at the temple and heard a 24-harp concert, and did the Santa Lucia tradition with Lily wearing the lighted crown this year for the first time.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

holly said...

Yay for Lily's first Santa Lucia Christmas! And that is a very cool shrug, indeed, Tyra! I'm way impressed. Grandma visits are the best.

I totally hear you on the decorating, Susan. Ugh that is hard. I'm constantly bouncing ideas off of Matt for trying to make things look good.