Friday, September 12, 2008

Things you wish you could type besides ":)"

I don't know how I didn't ever know that there is a whole amazing world under my number keys. I was trying to write a comment on my sister's blog and really wished I could put in musical notes to make it obvious that the quote was from a song, you know, like this ♪ or ♫. The smarty-pants sent me to this link
I'm still amazed that it's that easy! Now to find out how well it actually shows up in different programs. Thanks Lis!

7 comments:

LisAway said...

Yes, if you spend half your life blogging you start to see lots of little things. And a google search instantly disperses the mystery. Glad your glad. Glad you've shared. SO glad your blogging!!

LisAway said...

Oh MY gosh. YOU'RE, for goodness sakes.

Emily said...

I'm totally using that. Thanks for the info.

LisAway said...

Mind if I comment again? I'm pretty sure mysteries don't get "dispersed." What DO they get? Phrases like that completely elude me. That's my least favorite thing about blogging, realizing how many things I don't know how to say.

Susan said...

I believe you mean "dispelled". Dispersed would be just the word that Michael Scott would use in that phrase. I just love his mis-quotes. (intentionally hyphenated! ☺

Anne said...

Okay, that's so cool, but I think I'm doing something wrong. I'll call you.

LisAway said...

Man, I should TOTALLY have an Office character patterned after me! I'm full of hilariosity like that! Not even on purpose, either!

And thanks for giving me the word. I spend a good deal of time while writing my posts trying to find simple words like that and then finally just abandoning it, and leaving those phrases out altogether. I feel so handicapped!