Tuesday, November 11, 2008

How to stop your parents from stealing your Halloween candy

Like most parents, I enjoy secretly raiding my children's Halloween candy each night after they have gone to sleep. You just take a little here and a little there. They don't seem to notice if you take things slow. You are just helping them, right? They don't need that much sugar, right?

Well, a couple of days after Halloween, after the parent's supply of candy had run out, I went hunting. I pulled out Thomas' Halloween bucket and noticed a folded piece of paper on top. "What this?", I thought, slowly unfolding the paper. I was a little surprised to see an itemized list of the contents of the bucket, which looked as if it had been updated and re-inventoried each day after minor candy consumption.

I showed it to Susan and we had a good laugh. She had already seen it. Twice. Neither of us dared take anything. I wonder if that would have worked on my mom?

10 comments:

LisAway said...

That Thomas is too smart for your own good! That is very clever of him. And funny.

Tamela said...

Ha! That is SO Thomas! Mark and I laughed so loud we were afraid we'd wake the girls up! Thanks for the chuckle!

Anne said...

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! Was Su hoping the paper would be gone the 2nd time?

Anne said...

I wonder if Thomas knows that he's got more potential culprits to worry about than just his sisters!?

Carlynn said...

What a smart boy! Good to know I am not the only one that sneaks candy from the kids.

Amber said...

That Thomas is one smart cookie! ;) My husband and I both get into the kids' buckets after they're in bed (or before that if we can get away with it). Shame on us, huh?!

Linda said...

Probably. Nothing like data to intimidate...

Evie said...

O man, you love candy MUCH more then mom, if you wold even take it from your kids!!! Mom loves candy, true, but she wouldn't steal any!
See cousins, I don't have to worry!

O yah, I've got a question. Dose Aunt Annie always comment twice!?

twd said...

BYU has one of the top accounting programs in the nation. Maybe Thomas should apply for early admission.

gramalee said...

At my advanced age I thought I had see everything! NOT! Highly unusual! Wish I were there to hug that boy! LOL :) xo