Sunday, June 17, 2007

Fun in Utah

We've been having such a fun time in Utah. We came in last Wednesday and have been having fun every day. I've been waiting to blog until we get home and I have my pictures, but I'd like to write some anyway. I'm going to do a little travel log for my own sake.
Wednesday: DadTom picks us up in the old blue wagon then drives home later in a new used SUV. GramaLee comes up to visit. Janine and Brian are already here with LindaMom and DadTom. Lily loves shopping with GramaLinda.
Thursday: I shop all afternoon with my mom, Tyra and Lily for summer stuff. I run into old Heritage Maeser Hall roommate Julia Johnson. We eat chinese for dinner, per Tyra's request and Lily eats with chopsticks for the first time, the entire time.
Friday: Me B&J do the Costco run for supplies for our trip to Capital Reef with my mom. Rob and Ang come in the evening and we get to see Ellie for the first time. She is super sweet, especially after 30 hours of traveling.
Saturday we finally got off for Capital Reef around noon. JandB followed us with Tyra and Lily. We stopped off for a pregnancy (Janine!) walking break. Somehow we missed an important turn right there and our 3 hour trip turned into 6 with EJ throwing up and Brian and Janine's car breaking down completely! I drove the 4 kids into Torrey where we were staying and DadTom went and picked up Tom with Brian and Janine and the car and took it back to the closest town and they didn't get in until after 9. I took the kids swimming cuz I'd promised but as we were all trying to fall asleep in our room (4 kids in the same room while it ought to be dark but I want light to read while I'm waiting for them to fall asleep, maybe you know how that goes?) I started to get a burning throat.
Sunday: We went to church in Torrey, the building was next to the Chuck Wagon motel we were staying in. Bigger ward than I'd imagined. (or maybe it just seemed big because it is such a tiny chapel. DadTom and Brian stayed with Tyra for the rest of church while the rest of us went back to switch rooms or sleep. Then we finally went in to Capital Reef. We did a fun hike (Capitol Gorge)to see some emply tanks that sometimes have water. Brian really banged his foot and ankle hard doing a jump from rock to rock. Elizabeth demanded the freedom to walk up the trail by herself loving the rocks and finding her way. DadTom had his hiking poles and coordinated the trip.
Monday:

No comments: