Friday, June 29, 2007

I WANT 'MaLee!



My mom was in DC last weekend for a American Librarian Association Conference. She extended her ticket to leave on Thurs morning instead of Tuesday so she could come see us for a day and a half. I picked her up midday and we had fun trying to keep the girls happy at Bennigan's. We mostly talked and watched the kids play. When Thomas walked in from his summer camp and saw Gramma he said "When did YOU get here?!" The kids got to play on and around GrammaLee all night while she babysat and Tom and I went to dinner, blockbuster, and Trader Joe's. It felt so great to go out on a Tuesday night! The next day we dropped Tyra off at her Girl's Scout Camp and Thomas at his Camp Sunshine (at two different neighboring Elementary Schools) then my mom did laundry while she babysat the girls and I went to my last psychologist appointment. I don't know what my kids are going to think when they see their clothes actually FOLDED in their drawers! Well, when the kids realized Grandma would be leaving after dinner none of them were happy. Tyra said quite a few times "Why do we only GET you for ONE DAY?!?!" and such things. The next day, in spite of all the friends Elizabeth was around she kept saying forcefully "I WANT 'MALEE!!"

1 comment:

Corinne said...

Did Tyra like her girl scout camp? I signed Sheely up for one in August and I'm really excited about it. Is she Brownies still, or Junior Girl Scouts?