Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Thomas' Two Teeth



Thomas lost one of his top front teeth last week. Then 2 days ago at dinner time he was eating his plain noodles and all of a sudden it looked like he had tomato sauce on part of the bite that came back on his fork. Well, Tyra and I screamed and screeched watching him dangle his second top front tooth around by a tiny bloody bit. I was about to yank it when Tom came in and said not to because it might be held on by too much skin and could really hurt. (Apparently the one time he remembers getting a tooth pulled that was the case. For me it seems like most of my teeth were pulled by my dad and I could never believe he actually pulled it out until I saw it because I couldn't feel it come out.) But before a few more screech-y minutes were past the tooth was out, and our Thomas is now classic kid ready to sing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth". I'll post a photo soon, just wanted to write it before I forgot. He sure is so so so so cute!!

It's a strange feeling I get ALL the time with ALL my children. I am constantly amazed at how old, big, and mature they are while being amazed at how young, small, and immature they are! It is an amazing thing to be a kid, and I love watching that ever changing thing called Childhood!

4 comments:

Corinne said...

This is a CLASSIC look. Doesn't it make him look old! I remember when Sheely lost hers I couldn't stop taking pictures of her. Now she just looks too old to be MY child!!

holly said...

yay Thomas! losing teeth was always a weird thing for me. I'm not sure what I'll make of it as a parent. my first tooth I think I lost while eating a corndog. I had a hard time with eating them after that.

I like your thoughts on growing children. : )

Marlo said...

Thomas, that's cool that they both came out almost together. It gives you such a nice symmetrical look. I'll bet it's a challenge to eat an apple now! I really didn't enjoy it when my teeth fell out. When they got loose, my brothers would offer to tie one end of a string around my tooth and the other end around a doorknob, and then slam the door, pulling the tooth out instantly and violently. They werre so helpful. Not. I preferred to do it your way--just lett them fall out when they may. Love you!

Marbell Payne said...

Thomas,I love that toothless smile! My Emily who is 7,is going on being without her front teeth for a year now. They got knocked out before it was time and so we are still waiting for them to come in. I can't even picture her with them. She is amazing to watch when she eats. She can eat anything...even without her two front teeth. She is a pro. I am beginning to wonder if they will ever come back in.