Wednesday, April 09, 2008

BHBGC

I just want to say how glad I am for the Berwyn Heights Boys and Girls Club. We have Tyra in softball and soccer, Thomas in machine-pitch baseball, and Lily should start tee ball soon. I might be changing my tune further down the season, but so far it is just so nice! The coaches are super patient and just in it for their kids to learn the basics and have fun. Then the weather is just better and better every day. So even though without the tee-ball yet our schedule is 1- 1 1/2 hours every evening Tues-Fri and Sat am, it is so good for me to have something force me to take the kids outside to play for that long every day. Thomas was running around, playing with kids from his school tonight while Tyra played, and yesterday Tyra and a boy in her class chatted and played tag games with Lily and Beth and a new little friend they met. I have yet to meet any "kindred spirit" parents, but everyone's nice enough to chat with, and I'm glad for the socialization for the family. I do wish Tom could be there with us, to be extra eyes (it's hard to watch 3 running kids and pay attention to the one playing the game) and also just to enjoy it with us, but we're glad he's got his nose to the grindstone, and with what seems an eternal "one more program" he'll be done with this computing part of his dissertation :) Then we can all play ball as a family. (Lily and Beth are so cute with their tiny little mitts, catching the ball thrown from like a foot away and getting all excited.) I'll post pictures in this entry if I manage to take some soon.

7 comments:

LisAway said...

What a well rounded little family. Let's hear it for socializing. That's so great that the kids can learn new skills (or at least be active) and spend time with friends too. I'm so with you about the having something to force you to get the kids out to play. What's our problem? Don't we usually enjoy it when we DO get out? And what is so interesting that's keeping us in? Humph.

Anne said...

To answer Lisa's last question, I would have to say the fact that I don't have to get dressed all day long would be a big determining factor for me! It's hard to believe that I will ever be as busy as you Su! I better enjoy my slow paced life now!

holly said...

what a good way to spend the evenings. almost there Tom!! are all the games nearby? that would be a nice bonus too.

Karen E. said...

I have many great memories of "playing ball" in the summers. Many of them consist of me standing in left field with my mitt over my face because the gnats were buzzing around me . . .

The Schramm's said...

It was so great to get a comment from you on my blog! I haven't talked to you in ages! I'm so blad your dad passed on my blog to you so we can keep in touch! I can't believe you have 4 kids! They are gorgeous!! And you still just as adorable as I remember! Let's keep in touch!

Linda said...

Yeah for Su keeping the whole family on track while Tommy is alllllmost finished! We love you all and are glad you are outside enjoying the lovely springtime in beautiful Maryland. Give all the kids a kiss & hug.

LisAway said...

I was noticing Anne's Jonesisms on her blog and it makes me want some from you, too! Or you'll have to change the title from "They keep us laughing" to "they made us laugh (thrice), but they aren't really very funny any more." Your little girls are the age where everything they say is darling. Share!!