Monday, April 07, 2008

Why it's worth having kids close in age

I think it's mentally, physically, and emotionally challenging to have children be born close together (even under 2 years.) But I also think it's well worth it, and I am now (have been for a year) reaping the benefits, which are 2 best little friends with everything in common. Watching Lily and Beth do their thing together all day is a joy, a true joy. I should grab my camera more often, but here are some videos where, after they did what they were doing for a really long time I finally decided to get the camera. In the next video you see some of Grandma Linda's awesome hats she gave the kids, and the hoppy toys from Adam, Nancy, and the cousins.

7 comments:

LisAway said...

Oh.my.darlingness!! I love how both videos end with Beth falling (off). "C'mon Beth...this is FUN." They are so cute. Today is Aaron's birthday and I dreamt last night that we adopted a baby two days older than him (and his 3 year-old brother). I guess that'd be pretty close in age...

Angela Draper said...

Those girls are so cute! Although I'm still not convinced on having another baby right now :)

Anne said...

OKAY! Let me wipe my eyes! I can't wait for Isaac and Seth to play with them this summer! I know exactly how you feel! Seeing my two little partners-in-crime together brings the most happy feelings!

holly said...

so sweet! I love the matchy outfits and how Lily looks behind her to see were Elizabeth went. what a riot.

I'm almost at that same point. Once Henry can talk better it will help tremendously. Another year I'm hoping. Wait a sec, isn't that the same age yours are.... ;)

Anne said...

okay, su, I was watching this video with Matt again tonight and I can't believe I didn't even notice the sunglasses before! TOO CUTE!

And I love how your blog fits the whole page. How did you do that?

Susan said...

Yes, Anne, there are many levels to the videos, we're like a regular full-length award-winning movie, the more you watch it the more you get out of it (for example, you may not have noticed yet how well I tried to make the whole place look a disaster for the background JUST IN CASE anyone remembered how I'm always complaining of my messy house :) )

As for using the whole page, I got some advice from a REAL BLOGGING EXPERT in Long Beach, CA :)

Marbell Payne said...

I totally love the videos and agree with all of your thoughts. I am relishing watching the closeness Rachel and Steven have and how they are best pals. So fun.
Have got to get a pair of those bouncey balls.