Monday, April 07, 2008

PTA Ice Skating Night




We have a great PTA (no, I don't do anything in it but show up to the fun things) and they have annual skate nights at the local rink. It's really a fun time for everyone, but just a little difficult since all 4 kids need a fully-devoted parent for the night. Lily and Beth are so cute in the smallest available size skates. I am AMAZED how Thomas will go for it, since he skated for his summer camp last summer and got over the huge hurdle of it being an unknown thing. And Tyra was awesome. It was so hard for her to stay up and she hated having other kids keep leapfrogging around her on the wall, and even when she landed really hard, enough to cry, she kept trying and trying. I was so proud of her for not quitting.

4 comments:

LisAway said...

What cute skaters! We love that skate night. Good job Tyra and Thomas (and Mom and Dad!) Those little girls do look a bit too darling in their skates!

Angela Draper said...

You are all such a cute family! I love that Beth was in skates too. I'm trying to imagine Ellie in skates... And way to go Tyra. That's great that you kept trying :)

Anne said...

Wow! Kudos to you! That's quite a feat! I can just picture you all around that rink!

holly said...

oh, I feel for Tyra. I was never a good skater (still). but I never practiced much either. good for Thomas! sounds like everyone must've slept well that night after such an active evening!