Saturday, May 24, 2008

Last Concert of the School Year

What a difference we noticed between the winter concert and this spring concert! Tyra did play first, and we were all there in time to see her. Then Tom raced out while the next group was coming up so that we didn't have to feel bad about Lily, Beth, and Thomas all making whiny noises while the other parents were trying to listen to their own kids. It sure made it enjoyable for me to just sit and watch! It seems the titles don't come through anywhere, though I label them, so here are the names of the songs: Rumble in the Jungle, Old MacDonald had a Band, and Let's Go Band. Very fun to have Tyra playing Let's Go Band already, and it sounds more melodic like the way I remember it from all the school games when she's just practicing at home.

3 comments:

Anne said...

No wonder why I'm always waiting and waiting for new posts from you! What DON'T your kids do? How in the world do you find time to even post?

Tyra, I'd have to say that you were the best out of all of those kids! Maybe I can find a flute before you guys come so I can have you teach me the basics!

LisAway said...

Let's Go Band? I thought it was "Go Big Blue!!" :) That's so awesome Tyra is part of a band! Does she plan to continue with it for years and years? That will be so awesome. The flute is such a great instrument! Great job, Tyra! And Anne's right, you were the best (as far as I could tell) AND the cutest, of course!

holly b said...

cool! old McDonald was fun for sure. you can really hear the flute on the last one though. It's amazing how they start out and keep practicing to show amazing growth. it will be fun for her to look back on this someday.