Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tyra's Chorus Concert

The concert started at 7pm. So I left tee ball and Thomas' baseball practices early with the kids to make it on time. Unfortunately potty training kids can't time everything perfectly, and we ended up walking into the multi-purpose room at 7:04pm, just in time to hear the last 30 seconds of Tyra's German song. Apparently the fourth grade did their individual song very first. You better bet I'll be at the flute concert tomorrow night before 7:00! Luckily she still had 3 songs to sing with all 3 grades at the end and she did a great job. I have such fond memories of singing parts in Chorus in Jr. High, I'm really glad she gets to do it already.

8 comments:

LisAway said...

Oh how I loved chorus as well! That's so great for Tyra. And I assume the last 3 pictures are of the whipped cream fight you had after the concert? (they're just white on my screen)

LisAway said...

Me again--sorry. I just wanted to say that Tyra really stands out in a crowd. The other kids in the choir are just so dull looking and she is so vibrant and lovely!! :) (cool trick!! How'd you do that?)

Susan said...

Hopefully they're working now. I wanted to use a little star or something to show where she was, but Picasa doesn't seem to have anything like that. So I had to use the special effects they have which will do the all black-and-white except one spot-you choose how big of a spot, and color saturation, which was then only in that one spot. But she does stand out somewhat anyway with her blond hair and then she pinches her cheeks and bites her lips for "make-up" (from some old fashioned book she read.)

Anne said...

How cool is that? I LOVE blogging! I feel like I was right there watching Tyra! Very cool effect! You keep doing these things with picassa that I wish I could do! maybe I'll just have to sign up!

gramalee said...

wiping tears from my eyes again. Brings back many sentimental and lovely memories. Thanks tons Su! xomom

LisAway said...

What fun songs they sing!! And I love Thomas', "what does that mean?" during supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Nobody knows, Thomas. Nobody knows.

Great job Tyra! Thanks so much for sharing these, Su!

holly b said...

that was my first thought, wow! Tyra is really easy to see in that crowd because she's so fair! :) great videos.

Linda said...

It is so fun to see Tyra perform. I love how her face lights up and she smiles and sings. I wish we could have been there.