Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Sad Father's Night





What a great Mother's Day! Thomas never did say that phrase though, he just kept saying Sad Father's Night:) Tyra has been full of secrets for over a week. On Friday night Tom and Thomas went camping on the Stake Father's and Son's Outing. When I suggested that all we girls could do a craft Tyra remembered something she'd been working on and shooed me out of the kitchen with instructions not to look. All day Saturday she kept mentioning exactly how MANY presents she had made for me, with little hints about them. I didn't think she'd make it through without giving them to me, but she just had me look at the cover of one and then listed what the others were in general terms (one is a card, one is a magnet, one is a poster, etc.) It was killing her! So after church on Sunday (and a VERY nice talk about how mother's aren't perfect but motherhood is awfully close to the mission of our Savior) I was able to sit down and enjoy so many amazing gifts from my talented kids. Tom gave me a book for recognizing bird songs (from Costco, very cool.) Tyra found a wonderfully smelly rose on the side of our house (I'd forgotten we even had that rose bush!) Anyway, I just love these kids and this man. I am probably the luckiest Mother around!!

6 comments:

Corinne said...

Sounds like a great one!

Emily said...

What sweet kids. I remember making my mom little crafty things for Mother's Day and being so anxious to give them to her. You deserve a good mothers day with all you do in that department. Good work.

Anonymous said...

You are an awesome mom! No wonder they love you so much! Happy Mothers Day...all year long my friend!

LisAway said...

At first I thought I had missed American Father's Day when I read your heading. That Thomas is great. How I wish he and David could spend more time together. They have such great brains for silliness. Now David's getting into homophones. Tyra sure sounds like her Grandma Lee when it comes to the whole surprise factor about presents! You are #1 mom on my list, besides my own mother, but she's mostly retired.

Lisa

Angela Draper said...

What sweet kids you have! It sounds like they took good care of you on Mother's Day.

Anonymous said...

You are such a great mom! You make me proud.