Thursday, May 03, 2007

Whom I would cast as Edward Cullen :)


I've been reading up on Stephenie Meyer's Twilight in preparation for our bookgroup tonight. On her website she has all of her own top picks in casting should the book actually be made into a movie. So after looking through those, I then uploaded the current pictures from my camera into Picasa just as regular maintenance and saw the photo I shot of Tom as he walked in the door after work on Tues. I'll revise this with more info if he tells me I can (though it's not classified or he wouldn't have told me, it may not be prudent to post who he was briefing down on Capitol Hill...)
Anyway, reading Twilight is a good reminder of the gut feelings we had and still sometimes get to have. Like when Tom walked in on Tues. after I was done admiring I made him stop and wait for the camera...) We don't get as many times, because the surprise element is often hard to come by. But I still remember teaching 1st grade and when Tom showed up at the door, unexpectedly 30 minutes before class was over I was pretty much just like Bella, and my hands started to shake and I was smiling and trying to breathe while I finished my story to the class with him watching me, ordinary me. I love getting a chance to see Tom in surprise or new settings. The animal instinct of attraction is there, then the more you learn about this fascinating person the more you can't imagine being without him, no matter how hard it might sometimes be, because "he's even more unbelievable behind the face." (pg. 204)
So MY favorite pick for casting Edward Cullen would have to be Thomas Gordon Draper :)

6 comments:

Corinne said...

OH that is a sweet one :)

holly said...

I like this, you guys are sweet. I wish I could've heard this tonight among all the tumult! It certainly was a lively discussion! : )

Angela Draper said...

Awww...10+ years of marriage and still so in love :) You guys are the best!

Janine said...

Animal Instinct! Raaarrrrr.... I think I might be blushing!

Anonymous said...

I think the Bee-Gees said it best: "You can tell by the way he uses his walk, he's a woman's man. No time to talk." And again, ZZ Top: "Every girl's crazy about a sharp dressed man." And Prince once quipped, "You've got the look." And Drop Dead Fred also said, "I'm too sexy for my shirt, to sexy for my shirt, so sexy it hurts. I'm a model, if you know what I mean, and I do my little turn on the catwalk. On the catwalk. Yeah, I shake my little tush on the catwalk."

twd said...

Whoa! Su! You have a flair for writing and a keen eye.

Lucky Tom!

Love, Dadt