Thursday, July 26, 2007

National Wildlife Refuge Visitor's Center






Many of our visitors have visitied the National Wildlife Refuge Visitor's Center with us, but somehow Brian and Janine never have. So one of the days they were here we talked about going. The girls were excited to go to "the museum" but between J & B's car's a/c getting fixed and my general laziness for getting out the door it never happened. So every day after that Lily asked to go; so we finally did last Thursday. I must say I love that place. I'll never forget the first time I took Tyra and Thomas there. Tyra was probably 3 and as we were driving through the beautiful treesy exit and she sighed out "Thank you Mommy for taking us there!" It has always been a good experience, even this February in the freezing FREEZING cold when my dad and Pam were visiting us along with Lisa and Anne and their kids.

So back to the "museum", the pictures show the first thing where you can put your donations into the beaver's lodge, and pet the beaver. Then there are displays of some stuffed animals in the lobby. They there are displays with buttons and levers to push to learn about the world and how we can protect our planet from pollution, deforestation, etc. Finally there are beautiful displays of different animals in their habitats, and a place to look through binoculars at the Patuxent wetlands reserve.

4 comments:

Karen E. said...

Those girls look awfully happy despite having a giant bear roaring just behind their backs!

holly said...

we love it there too! it's been awhile since we went. Henry would love all the animals even more than before. I'll definitely have to add that to our places to go before we leave list....

Brian said...

Is Tyra striking a pose? Isn't she too young for that? UncaB

Corinne said...

Like Holly, I bet it's been a year since I took the kids. I want to try the tram ride this time...