Sunday, July 15, 2007

Thomas' Camp Sunshine

Thomas continues to announce that he hates camp. He also continues to say that his day was "good" when I ask him. He swims Tues and Thurs, he has learned to miniature golf, and to frisbee golf, he went to Annapolis to the Harbor Queen, He goes Ice Skating weekly and is going around on his own now. His teachers play chess with him and withhold it for motivation, as he still says "I can't" and has a hard time wanting to participate in all the activities. He taught another student, Oscar, how to play it on Friday. I personally am impressed by the dedication the staff have to helping these kids. I'm meeting with the Occupational Therapist on Monday to get some ideas (she has a big body brush that Thomas loves (I don't know much about it, as getting info from Thomas is like pulling teeth!) Anyway, I'm proud of him: just the fact that he goes and tries, and rides the bus home, etc., all with very little trouble is neat to see.

2 comments:

holly said...

Yay. I'm glad to hear that he's sticking with it and is sounds like more good things will continue to come with it. : )

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad!! I love that kid.