Monday, September 10, 2007

The Lambert's Leave

It happens all the time. I blame it on the airlines. If they didn't make travel so easy and affordable, people would be forced into staying my friends! As it is they can just pick up and go at the drop of a hat, and they sure DO. I've been avoiding blogging for 3 weeks or more now because this entry needing to be written. But I think I've come around.

OK a few more weeks have passed. I started to write a list of all the good friends we've made in the ward who have since moved away. It made me all melancholy and so I stopped writing this once again.
So the Lambert's are in American Fork, UT now, and Lily asks me daily "Is it time to go on the airplane now?" and "I'm ready to go to Utah" all with the intent of seeing Carol Anne and Ellie. But I figure we've come a long way in the last month since last week Lily said "Mom, let's go to Utah or the farm" Needless to say, I rushed us all to the farm when Tyra and Thomas had the day off and counted my blessings. Another good sign is that Elizabeth now thinks of the other 2 year olds in the playgroup as her friends. For the first many weeks I would prep her on our way saying "Yay, we're going to see your friends Auden and Sydney!" to which she would reply "NO! JOHNNY's my friend!"

Anyway, there's still a big hole in our hearts, but we're surviving. Ug. I just won't write my thoughts on the subject. I wanted to write of the Lambert's and what their friendship has meant to us over the last 4 years, but I guess it'll take even longer. Many of you who read my blog are people I've had to say goodbye to already, and sometimes I'm crying when I write the occasional sappy letter or note!

3 comments:

Angela Draper said...

It is so hard to say good-bye to good friends. I completely empathaize with you. We have 3 good friends who will be leaving in the next two months and I am sad to see them go. I guess the consolation I have is that we will be moving also in a couple more months. It's still hard though. Hang in there Su!

Anonymous said...

Oh!! I'm so glad you're working through your grief!! For your family's sake, but for mine too!! I've been missing your posts! I hope the Lamberts are settling in okay in Utah!! And what a perfect place to move! You'll be able to see them now and again when you're visiting Utah!

Corinne said...

I'm so sad they moved away too - seriously. What wonderful friends.