Sunday, September 23, 2007

Lillian Turns Four








Sept 14 was a busy day. I was preparing for my final quarterly Enrichment activity we were holding the next morning. It was also the last soccer practice before Thomas' first official soccer game. Luckily GramaLee gave Lily a little princess laptop which she opened up in the morning and was then busy with while I dragged her to Costco to get the luncheon food, and while we dragged her to the church to set up tables and chairs. (We don't even have an Elder's Quorum president yet, though the Lambert's have been gone for a month!)

Can I just say, I don't know what I'd do without Tyra. She got Lily to help her put up streamers around the livingroom. And she frosted and decorated the cake with Lily (100% on tyheir own!.) We ate Wendy's on the floor like a picnic (maybe Lil didn't know it was because the table was covered with stuff for the quarterly!) and let the kids play with some balloons. She was a real trooper. It was only the next afternoon when I was driving with her in the car that she suddenly said "I didn't LIKE my birthday! I didn't have any of my FRIENDS! I wanted FRIENDS!"
It was certainly a busy time, so much so that we never managed to call Aunt Annie and have the two birthday girls share in the fact that they're on the same day. But it sounded like Anne was pretty swamped in California too!

3 comments:

Angela Draper said...

Happy late birthday Lily! I hope you got the e-card we sent, although I wish we could have been there for the festivities. The cake looks great! I am so impressed that the girls did it all on their own. What amazing girls you are! And cute too I might add :)

LisAway said...

WOW!! Tyra's a superstar sister!! And she and Lily are a fantastic cake decorating team!! What a crazy day! I suppose some birthdays are like that. Even in America. :)

Karen E. said...

I know all of the comments are about the cake but it is really neat! For my last birthday my sister used Whoppers to decorate my cake but I think I prefer the rainbow motif.