Thursday, September 20, 2007

So Proud of my Hubby

I know, maybe you get tired of hearing it, but it's still hard for me to believe how lucky I am: smart, funny, handsome, sweet, great father, wonderful husband, etc., etc.! But tonight has been a fun time to just think on especially one aspect of Tom's greatness: success at work. (I know, that's MANY aspects: ability to get along so well with people, straight brains, quick eye and understanding, managing skills, technical writing, keeping his mouth shut :) etc.,)
Tonight was the Grade 14 Promotion Ceremony. Only 10% of the people who were qualified for the promotion received it. General Alexander wasn't there for the ceremony itself as he was talking to Congress about FISA But after we had eaten our refreshments, chatted with the people Tom knew, and looked at the new sections added near the "They Served In Silence" memorial which were all about the war on terrorism, Tom wanted to go back one last time to see if he'd come. Right as I asked "Will you even recognize the general?" Tom said "Yes, and that's him" So we got to shake his hand. Tom had already met him because of a advisory board of which he's the executive chair. My big-wig husband :)
I mostly noted that he is the first person to compliment me on my new necklace my mom gave me for my birthday, though I've worn it many times. :) (Besides Beth, of course. She mentions it every time saying "Oh, your necklace is fewtiful, mommy! I like your necklace! Oh! GrammaLee gave it to you for your birthday! It's fewtiful!" Thurs. night when we came home from the ceremony Elizabeth went through all this again and then added "I like your chinny-chin! (and touched it) I like your lips! (touch) I like your nose!" and on through everything, with a pause about my forehead, which she finally said, while touching it like for a fever "I like your... head!" Ah, funny how I blame my diminished looks--wrinkles, weight gain, etc-- to having Beth(and the others) yet she's the one to make me feel so fewtiful!)

Bit of a sidenote there, but I never said you had to read my blog! This entry is about the super-man who is my husband, who is keeping us all safe every day at his job :)

5 comments:

Angela Draper said...

Congratulations on the promotion Tommy! That is quite an accomplishment. And it's good to know that you are there helping to keep us all safe :)

twd said...

rmgjmtuGo Tomr! GS-14 is what the military pays active duty physicians!
Love, Dad

Janine said...

Way to go Tom! We are proud of you, and your amazing skills... if only we could understand them! I have to agree with EJ that the wife is "Fewtiful" too!

Anonymous said...

Great job, Tom! You're as clever as your wife is fewtiful!! You guys are a great team.

Corinne said...

great post - way to go tom!