Sunday, September 23, 2007

Stephenie Meyer Book Signing

59

I had noted that she would be coming to the DC area, and even thought about going. So when Sally emailed asking if anyone wanted to go, I was in. Ryan took his laptop and drove down to the borders around 6:30 or so in the morning to get us tickets. He got us number 80 and 81. Not until we arrived at 6 or so in the evening did I realize how great that was. The people sitting near us on the floor had #859. And that was with an hour to go of people just coming in. I had to keep laughing at us, and I was, from the time I took off leaving Tom home with the kids. It just felt like such a teenage thing to do. We didn't join in the "Edward! Jacob!" chanting. We didn't have the t-shirts. We weren't wearing birthday hats in celebration of Bella's birthday. We were passing the youngest girl in the crowd back and forth between us (Sally brought her 1 month old Zoe, who was sooo cute and perfect, falling asleep during the q & a.) It was fun to get to hear her answers to the questions. Unfortunately no one asked the ones I wanted to hear, and they pushed you through the signing line sooooooo fast that I didn't even ask her when we were up at the table. But it was a fun outing, even getting lost on the way back home. Sally was easy going (even with Zoe crying in the back seat) when I went the wrong way. It was fun to chat and just have a girl's night out.
Of course, now I'm thinking of selling my signed books on ebay as I see them going for so much more than I paid. Too bad I had her write my name in Eclipse! :)

4 comments:

Angela Draper said...

What a fun outing! I have yet to read any of her books. It is only recently that I even heard about them. I may have to try to find one.

Corinne said...

WOW. That is some dedication! I'm so glad you had fun :)

Karen E. said...

Everyone I know is reading those books, except me! I guess I should give her a try.

Jon and Christine Knecht said...

I'm so glad that you too have read the books. I have to say that I loved reading them and I can't wait to see what happens next. My husband asked what the books were about and I hesitated to tell him, knowing the look that I would get, and of course - I got it! He just doesn't understand *SIGH*